tdiedwards

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acutally, I done the most ludicrous kiai ever...

I was performing Tekki Shodan, and at the first place where I was to kiai, (well I did) but it was high pitched (I didn't shout properly)... :lol: (How embarrassing! :D)

Another one was where I was doing kumite, and I done a backfist to the temple (with control! ;)) and instead of a kiai I coughed and splattered over the place... Another embarrassing moment!

But it was all gravy afterwards...:lol:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I've heard some insane screams in my time...can't call any specific instance to mind, but there's some crazy stuff out there. People go overboard in tourneys, sometimes.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

The worst (and I think, the most common) is when someone is doing a great kiai.... that is, they are tensed and they have great kime, then all that tension results in letting out that massive fart that was just waiting for the right silent moment to surprise you, along with everyone else.....

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

The strangest one was someone actually saying "kiai" with a whispery voice. He was one of many students who had not learned properly.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

In class once someone kiahed and accidentally burped along with it, so it was a kiaurp :P

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I once heard someone in class yell "Arrg!" when the preformed their kiai. I tell you, pirates in martial arts. What is this world coming to?

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky