• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Playing with Ki/Chi Balls

I did something very stupid.

I've learned some basics of internal arts from my instructor. I know what ki is. I can sense my ki and focus my ki. I can sense others' ki. Anyway, I was seaching through this forum and discovered the concept of "ki balls."

I don't think I'm supposed to know what a ki ball is at this point.

Well, then I tired to form one. Sort of as a goof, I sat down, meditated, and tried to form one. I was able to make one almost instantly. I didn't think I'd actually be able to do it.

Point being that I don't know what I'm doing, and ever since I've played around with these ki balls, my hands have become extremely sensitive to energy while I've had trouble sensing ki in other areas of my body. Did I somehow unbalance myself?

Anyway, my teacher still doesn't know I did this, and I don't want him to be angry with me for trying. But can I get myself hurt doing this? Did I already?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your chance of being hurt with a Chi ball is almost zero.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

• 1 month later...

Wow...

Ki or Chi is an internal source of power and cannot be used outside of the body.

We used to play very nasty tricks like this on lower ranking students and actually show them how to form chi balls and then walk by and steal their chi ball and place their chi inside of us making us stronger. We let them believe this for a while then we'd let them know it was all a joke. I would never do this as an instructor though. I did it when I was a student, to other lower ranking students.

"On Ko Chi Shin"

Well, then I tired to form one. Sort of as a goof, I sat down, meditated, and tried to form one. I was able to make one almost instantly. I didn't think I'd actually be able to do it.

Point being that I don't know what I'm doing, and ever since I've played around with these ki balls, my hands have become extremely sensitive to energy while I've had trouble sensing ki in other areas of my body. Did I somehow unbalance myself?

Sounds psychological to me. I would take a deep breath, calm yourself down, and then start again from the beginning. Maybe you're having trouble "sensing" because you think you should.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Wow...

Ki or Chi is an internal source of power and cannot be used outside of the body.

We used to play very nasty tricks like this on lower ranking students and actually show them how to form chi balls and then walk by and steal their chi ball and place their chi inside of us making us stronger. We let them believe this for a while then we'd let them know it was all a joke. I would never do this as an instructor though. I did it when I was a student, to other lower ranking students.

That's sounds like great fun! Pitty I'm an instructor now and that wouldn't be very nice.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Parkerlineage is correct. Take a deep breath and just take a step back for a moment.

Chi/Ki is not a material object, so try not to think of it as such. Try to think of it more like wind as opposed to air. Air can be contained, but wind cannot. It is the movement that turns air into wind just as it is the flow that turns energy in Chi/Ki.

You cannot damage your Chi/Ki, so just relax and begin to meditate again. When meditating, do not try to work out what should or shouldn't be, just contemplate what is. Therefore, do not try to form something (eg. a ball), just contemplate.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• 4 weeks later...

Chi Ball?! Wow, I've never heard of such a thing. Can you only "feel" the Chi ball or can you actually visualize it? If so, can any describe its appearance?

Gong Kiu, Yau Kiu, Bik Kiu, Jik Kiu, Fun Kiu, Ding Kiu, Chieun Kiu, Tai Kiu, Lau Kiu, Wan Kiu, Jai Kiu, Deng Kiu.

I did something very stupid.

I've learned some basics of internal arts from my instructor. I know what ki is. I can sense my ki and focus my ki. I can sense others' ki. Anyway, I was seaching through this forum and discovered the concept of "ki balls."

I don't think I'm supposed to know what a ki ball is at this point.

Anyway, my teacher still doesn't know I did this, and I don't want him to be angry with me for trying. But can I get myself hurt doing this? Did I already?

how did it look :-? did it look like how it did in the shows, or invicible. or glowing light details man. im sorry that was a little of topic but i have only heard stories and shows with people doing that i never actualy heard of someone doing it except in T.V.and movies.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• 1 month later...