• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo technique similarity (we'll see if anybody cares)

parkerlineage

Very similar, yes....and have you noticed this with Leaping Crane and Gathering Clouds as well? Fun stuff- those family groupings and such!! :)

By the way- do I know you? My instructor is also Mr. Halsey....though I am a displaced student of some 8 years- coming up to Redding when I can. Tara's the name- you?

If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey, Tara! How are you?! I'm fairly sure you don't remeber me - this is Peter...wow, let's see...8 years...I believe you got your black belt sometime when I was a third kyu brown...I was 10...little kid, big ears, in the adult class. I actually looked up to you quite a bit.

Didn't you come and visit a few...months?...ago?

I think I addressed an envelope about the camp in September to you, if I'm not mistaken. Hope to see you there!

As for Leaping Crane - just about everything seems to be somehow related to that. I love those things. Yes, I have noticed.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Well- I have to admit- I am horrible with names!! Maybe if I saw a picture........or better yet, if you are at Camp this year, I'll see you there!! Yep- got said envelope and the check has been sent!! Really looking forward to that and to seeing some old Redding folks. Just heard about Frank C. Really sad. Hope all is well in Redding- is the studio fixed yet?!! I talked to Mr. Halsey on the phone recently and he said the window was still boarded up.

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

Nope, we've still got our lovely facade. And yes, I'll see you at Camp - at least Saturday night and Sunday. I'll be the 6' 6" teenage black belt. Bound to not be too many options, there.

Yeah, I don't even know where Mr. C went. What exactly happened?

Ed Parker

Well- I'll look for ya then......6'6".....Yeah, besides maybe Chuck Epperson, I should be able to spot you!! As to Frank, I tried to PM you, but I can't until I have posted 25 things.....do you have an e-mail address you can PM to me?

I've been wondering who all is still at the school that I would recognize/know. It's been a long time since I've been up there......like over a year now!! Yikes!! I took time out to have my daughter. I really need to get back up there and get another private lesson with Mr. Halsey and jump into class after (It's a 3 hour commute for me). Down here, I am working out 4 days a week. Helping teach an adult's class at Liner's Kenpo two nights a week, the other two nights, I work out with Chris Davison (A student of Chuck Epperson's).

Are you guys getting a good turn-out of people for the camp? Mr. Halsey said I should get something in the mail with directions, etc. on it?

Thanks! :)

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

I'm pretty sure the thing I addressed was the envelope with directions and stuff. I'll send you my e-mail address.

Let's see...at the school that you would recognize that you trained with back then...sheesh...Ryein comes every once in a while - he may have been a teenager when you left...other than him, I'm the second longest-training student still with Mr. Halsey. Grossen is still around, somewhere, but he doesn't come to class, the Nelsons and Livingstons moved....a long time ago...I'm pretty sure everyone you'd be familiar with has, tragically, moved on. You may know some of the newer black belts, like Lutz, Pierce...hm...

Good to hear that you're still working out. As far as I know, we've got a fairly good turn out for camp - and there's going to be several schools involved - both Eppersons, Randy...whatever his last name is, I think Kacyla...so we should have a lot of peoples.

Ed Parker