• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

interesting video.... comments please

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Am I the only one that thinks it looks sped up via computer or something?

If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.

~Captain Jack Sparrow~

Am I the only one that thinks it looks sped up via computer or something?

I tried to see if I could find jumps or cuts in the video, but I don't have a well trained eye for that. Not sure.

I thought it looked legit. I was at a seminar once and was watching some kung fu practitioners working out together and they were quite fast with awesome control, similar to this guy. Irregardless of how fast this was or wasn't it looked like it would be an affective technique, i mean he was aiming for quite susceptible vital striking areas.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Yeah that sure is fast, but is it usefull?

Theres no power in those strikes. Even if he did connect with them, theres no force behind them to be of much effect.

I think some MArtists get caught up in this kind of technical prowess and forget about the realistic applications of technique against a resisting opponent.

To me its impressive but pointless.

Just my opinion.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

The clip is a good example of muscle memory, which can be achieved be simply doing the same thing(s) over and over. Ok, some people will be quicker than others, but that's all.

I'd like to see the same guy use the same techniques, with effect, on a non-compliant partner using 'Aliveness', then I'll be impressed. But then it depends on what he's trying to achieve.

For use on the street; nope, never.

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

The clip is a good example of muscle memory, which can be achieved be simply doing the same thing(s) over and over. Ok, some people will be quicker than others, but that's all.

I'd like to see the same guy use the same techniques, with effect, on a non-compliant partner using 'Aliveness', then I'll be impressed. But then it depends on what he's trying to achieve.

For use on the street; nope, never.

DCMS.

That is very true. Once people start moving around on you, it changes everything.

It isn't quite anything I've seen in my Ving Tsun class, But don't say it isn't effective in combat. I could see it being quite useful for feints, in real application he would only have to land the first strike and follow through, either crush the trachea or seal the artery.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

It isn't quite anything I've seen in my Ving Tsun class, But don't say it isn't effective in combat. I could see it being quite useful for feints, in real application he would only have to land the first strike and follow through, either crush the trachea or seal the artery.

Yes, any of those techniques could have combat effectiveness. But once the hands come up to block and protect, it would change what he has to do, slowing him a bit.