• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stars & Stripes Gi or dobok. Who's got one?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
So.... did you end up buying one?

No, I haven't yet. It seems kinda silly at this point to buy a uniform I'd only wear 1 day a year. Maybe if my school marches in the 4th of July parade. We'll see. :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Okay, a little far away yet I guess.... hehehe.

Hey, I was talking with my partner about this thread the other day, and I have a question..... why do you call it "4th of July"? If I understand correctly, it's your independence day, but you don't call that. On the other hand you don't call Christmas "25th December".

Why is that??

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Hey, I was talking with my partner about this thread the other day, and I have a question..... why do you call it "4th of July"? If I understand correctly, it's your independence day, but you don't call that. On the other hand you don't call Christmas "25th December".

Why is that??

4th of July is the American independence day. I think we call it the 4th of July because we Americans don't like to waste too much time w/ all those syllables in Independence Day....We just have too much other stuff to do. :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Why is that??

4th of July is the American independence day. I think we call it the 4th of July because we Americans don't like to waste too much time w/ all those syllables in Independence Day....We just have too much other stuff to do. :D

HAHAHAHA, GOLD!!!

I think I can understand that one. Oz is the abrreviation capital of the world.

Ozzy - G'day Mick, ya goin to uni this arvo? Nah, I'm gonna go tha pub then 'ome for bangers 'n' mash.

English - Good Day Michael. Are you going to go to the university this after-noon? No, I'm going to go to the local hotel, then I'm going to go home and have some sausages and mashed potato.

hahaha.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I just thought I'd put in something here... Everyone except those who live in the USA laugh at stars and stripes clothing. Weather it be boots, undies or Gi's.

I'm not trying to insult anyone here, I mean in the states, I'm sure it's the done thing and therefore normal, and I guess being patriotic is a great thing... but to the rest of the world, it looks funny!

Good luck finding some!

Ditto to you there Jiffy!

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate