• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fictional Martial Arts

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=2a82x38ad11en?tname=list-of-fictional-martial-arts&sbid=lc05a

That is a very cool list of fictional martial arts and worth checking out.

Does anyone know of any more or have any comments on the ones listed?

bat

Being a shodan is about learning what you DON'T know about what you know.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, there are a lot of them. That's a cool list.

McNerny

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa

Terry Pratchett is only like my favorite author, ever!! I have all 29 of his Discworld novels (well, okay, there's 30, but I'm too cheap to buy hardback).

Add to that list Haldarimdo, the martial arts practiced by a race based on called the Halda'ohtar - the samurai and ninja clans - in my book that I plan on sending off for publishing this summer. It's essentially what I practice, Kenpo base (in fact, there are three Kenpo techniques almost move for move, with a little added flair, in two pages), with Eagle Claw and Wushu accents, plus the fact that the main characters can jump three times their height and are really really fast.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Terry Pratchett is only like my favorite author, ever!! I have all 29 of his Discworld novels (well, okay, there's 30, but I'm too cheap to buy hardback).

And just like that, you and I are friends.

Terry Pratchett rocks!

I read my first Discworld book about 3 weeks ago (Wee Free Men) and then read the sequel (Hat Full of Sky). I then got the Color of Magic and am now reading Wyrd Sisters.

His writing is very similar to Terry Brooks, only with a very British sense of humor.

Did you know that Wee Free Men is in preproduction for a movie from the director of Spider-Man?

By the way, after reading Wee Free Men, I wanted to change my user name at message boards (like this one) to NacMacFeegle....

Crivens!

bat

Being a shodan is about learning what you DON'T know about what you know.

I read my first Discworld book about 3 weeks ago (Wee Free Men) and then read the sequel (Hat Full of Sky). I then got the Color of Magic and am now reading Wyrd Sisters.

Awesome! Gotta love pictsies, right? In the same "miniseries" of Wyrd Sisters, with the witches, the book Lords and Ladies has the NacMacfeegle. That was my first introduction to them.

Read on!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• 1 month later...

Prana Bindu! The martial art practiced by the Bene Gesserit in Dune.

"Weirding Way" is listed instead, but thet refers, I think, more to the overal training of the Bene Gesserit.

Prana Bindu often impliments a weapn called a gom-jabar (SP?) which is a small poison spike attatched to a ring on the finger.

nice list!

i love that gun kata stuff in equillibrium.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

how about the freeze frame kung fu stuff, I mean who wouldn't want to lean that! :lol:

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido