• I dont take TKD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started ITF a few weeks ago. I must say it has already quashed many rumours that people unknowledgable to TKD seem to have ( at least online) in that it has makes abundant use of hands and punches, along with grapples and even two locks. I didnt learn andy of the grappling yet, but I watched senior students perform them.

I love it!

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

I just started ITF a few weeks ago. I must say it has already quashed many rumours that people unknowledgable to TKD seem to have ( at least online) in that it has makes abundant use of hands and punches, along with grapples and even two locks. I didnt learn andy of the grappling yet, but I watched senior students perform them.

I love it!

Thats good to hear. I wish my school did some grappling. I need work on it badly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just learning TKD (2nd permanent Brown Belt) and I am a total believer in ITF--because of the way we do sparring. At least at my school, sparring is light/no contact. This means that small people like me (I'm 5'3", 110 #) can spar bigger ones! And win sometimes!

My instructor says in ITF, people can use technique, speed, and flexibility to win. Power isn't as important. And we can continue to spar even as we age and maybe don't want to be hit so hard.

That's my 2 cents worth!