1. 1. What style of TKD do you do?

• ATA
    • WTF
    • ITF
    • ATU
    • TAGB
    • ITU
    • I dont take TKD

Like some mentioned, I liked the Palgwes, too. And the Chang- Hon tul of the ITF.

Oh man! Lucky you. I wanted to learn the Palgwes, too. But my dojang does the Chang Hon set. Which I do like, also.

If ya wanna learn the PalGwes, I'd highly recommend Turtlepress' DvD set by Master Sang H. Kim. They're very helpful.

I'm a technique nut like you, Laurie. But I had the thrill & scare of my life in a BB forms class run by GM Park, Hae Man. He helped design the Tae Guek & BB forms. We were doing Koryo thru Pyung Won. But I only knew Koryo! Ya can't bow out of a class taught by GM Park, right! He was very kind to me & didn't kick me out of his art. :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so cool! We are affiliated with GM Park. Small world. Is he really that hard? And I will definitely check out Mr Kim's vids. Thanks man :)

Are you sure its the same GM Park? GM Park, Hae Man is the VP of the World Chung Do Kwan. I think the GM Park that you're talking about is a different gentlemen.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Missed one. Chung Do Kwan, 9yrs

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

Missed one. Chung Do Kwan, 9yrs

He didn't really list Kwans in his list. That goes more to style than does where one's certificate comes from, huh.

Wow alotta ATA guys here huh?

I'll list Kwans if I can find them heh...

*Edit* O I cant edit the poll ><

It's ok, most TKD folks don't know their Kwan lineage anyway. When the WTF "swallowed" them all to make the WTF, a lot of instructors stoped caring about it.

Officially my school is WTF, but we don't advertise that. We do both continuous point and olympic sparring, and we even have some hapkido incorporated into our classes. We also teach a few ITF forms as well. The emphasis is definitely NOT in sport sparring, and from what I've heard, this is the emphasis at most WTF schools.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

That is so cool! We are affiliated with GM Park. Small world. Is he really that hard? And I will definitely check out Mr Kim's vids. Thanks man :)

Are you sure its the same GM Park? GM Park, Hae Man is the VP of the World Chung Do Kwan. I think the GM Park that you're talking about is a different gentlemen.

Actually, I'm not sure, but I know the GM is "Park." I'll have to check on that tomorrow.

Laurie F

It's ok, most TKD folks don't know their Kwan lineage anyway. When the WTF "swallowed" them all to make the WTF, a lot of instructors stoped caring about it.

Fortunately my current Master Instructor is very proud of his lineage and this is one of the first things he talked about when interviewing me as a new student. One of the precepts of his system is to "revere your ancestors".

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/