• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learning from a Teaching experience.

I was the high rank student in class tonight. But sometimes I get to assist a little here and there. I usually teach a kids class, but anyway. We were doing onesteps, and I was trying to help one of the black belt kids with a spin heel kick. I was explaining different things to her, and she was picking it up, but still needed something. Realizing that she maybe needed a different angle, I asked the Jr. Master to come over. I told him what we were working on, explained her problem, and asked if maybe he could relay anything different, or in a different way. So he kid, and it helped the student out some more.

I guess what I am saying is that it is nice to be able to teach something, and then have another person around to bounce things off of, or to give a different method. Everyone learns in a different way, and it is good to know that there is always somewhere to go for help.

By teaching what I could, and then listening to another teacher, I was able to learn more as well. Makes the world go round, eh?

I had a very similar experience when I began assisting. I find it greatly enhances our knowledge.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt