• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thsi reminds me of brasil, where you where given the advice when traveling there to wear a bill on you pocket so that you could be robed.

They did not like people who did not carry money and where rumured to get nasty. So a money bill in the pocket woudl make your life happy.

Other advices included no jewelry, as in no weeding rings :P

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thsi reminds me of brasil, where you where given the advice when traveling there to wear a bill on you pocket so that you could be robed.

They did not like people who did not carry money and where rumured to get nasty. So a money bill in the pocket woudl make your life happy.

That's just crazy, to think that society has become like that in some places.

:o wow... I know I'm never vacationing to Brazil....

My instructor talked about dumby wallets last summer around vacation time.He told us to keep atleast 20 bucks in it.He travels frequently to large cities for seminars and has been mugged a few times and all the mugger got was $20 and an old wallet.Seems like a good idea to me.

Although it seems like a good idea, I dont think I would actually do it. I dont really want to carry around two wallets all the time. But for those of you who live in areas with higher crime rates, it might be a good idea.

McNerny

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa

I read the article too. I think it can be a good idea when dealing with a nervous kinda guy who is trying to intimidate you into giving him money and you can see by his body language that he has every intention of taking the money and running. However if it is someone cold, calm and calculating, chances are it wouldn't work.

I think it could work ina situation where some small guy is getting harassed by one or two larger individuals and they are following him and he says: "Here go buy a round on me" and tosses the fake one off to the side to distract them to make a getaway. I do feel it is probably more practical for women to carry a dummy pocketbook because people tend to snatch purses. Just keep the valuables in a wallet on her person. Maybe even just carry a pocketbook with a brick in it to use as an improvised weapon. lol.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I think it's a good idea, in principle, but like all things, it has to be drilled/trained and a bit of thought put into it.

Using your Awareness & Avoidance skills you should not (never) be a target. These skills should be running like a radar, but that's not to say that you won't ever be a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Imagine turning a corner and before you know it there's a knife at your throat and a guy spitting in your face, damanding your wallet. Your a$$ will be twitching like a rabbits nose as adrenaline flows through your veins.

How many of you would think "A'haaahhhh, I know, now's the time to pull out my fake wallet to fool this guy!"????

Nope, what will happen is that you'll will reach for your legit wallet as you always do, without thinking, as you see your life flash before your eyes!

So, a fake wallet maybe a good idea if you have practiced deploying it under an adrenal stress response, but is it worth it?

If someone approaches me with a knife there's no way I'm going to be worried about the contents of my wallet, he can have it, I don't care, so why bother with a fake one. Cards can be cancelled and money can be earnt, so why die in trying to fool the guy. Give him what he wants and get the h3ll out of there.

Think about it.......

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"