• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Introduction

Jade_Lotus

Hello fellow MA's! This is my first time on a martial arts forum. Just thought i'd introduce myself. I practice the martial arts for defence of myself, loved ones, and those who need it. That's it, that's the only reason i study. Well, that's pretty much it. I look forward to having many interesting discussions with everyone. Especially you "Martial_Artist" I have read your posts, and can tell that i will learn much from this site. :grin:

"Understand this, a man without honor is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise."

-Anonymous-

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome..

Interesting quote, I'll think about it..

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Welcome Jade_Lotus to the boards :smile:

:wave:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

On 2002-04-26 08:05, KickChick wrote:

Welcome to you Jade_Lotus! .... and just for defense? I find it dfficult to believe you haven't found any other added benefits besides self defense in your training?

Might I ask what style of MA you train?

Thank you for your welcome, I am happy to be here. Of course KickChick, there are many benefits to studying the martial arts, and i realize all of them..but my purpose, remains the same. For defence. That's what the "Martial Arts" are for. If you break down the meaning: "Martial"-of relating to, or suited for war or a warrior. of or relating to an army or military life. Warlike.- "Art"-skill acquired by experience or study. a branck of learning. an occupation requirring knowledge or skill. the use of imagination and skill in the production of things of beauty.- To study the martial arts for any other purpose than to be able to defend oneself, and those around him/her, would be self-defeating in it's purpose. But please understand, i am referring to purpose, not benefits. Thank you so much for your reply.

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

Hello hope to read a lot of your posts.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."