• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which Style?

Damn.. Ralph Gracie is amazing.. I dunno how some one can handle such a beating..

Btw what can I do that just retains in Karate/TKD ? I realized that I'm not really in a violent area so I guess self defense isnt the #1 fitness, I just want something that will keep me fit (Strong, Flexible) and mentally disciplined and something I can use as a sport and selfdefense if needed. Something that retains in the styles of TKD and Karate.. *I have a interest in Japanese/Korean culture.. heh..* Thanks for the replies guys

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.. Ralph Gracie is amazing.. I dunno how some one can handle such a beating..

Btw what can I do that just retains in Karate/TKD ? I realized that I'm not really in a violent area so I guess self defense isnt the #1 fitness, I just want something that will keep me fit (Strong, Flexible) and mentally disciplined and something I can use as a sport and selfdefense if needed. Something that retains in the styles of TKD and Karate.. *I have a interest in Japanese/Korean culture.. heh..* Thanks for the replies guys

Just go watch one class of each, pay attention to the instructor, ask questions, and then go from there.

If you wanted self defense and culture, look for a judo school. Be warned: No matter how pretty your kicks are, if you never spar or grapple, you are not getting good self defense training.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Krav Maga can be great, but watch a class first. Some Krav schools are more like cardio kickboxing (BAD! {for self defense}), but most are excellent self defense schools.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

I am warry of krav manga, as i heard that it buted the knews of their practicers. :-?

Anyway, safe bet is Judo. And no, i do GoJu.

And your wife is going to like the way your torso is going to enlarge.

I just want something that will keep me fit (Strong, Flexible) and mentally disciplined and something I can use as a sport and selfdefense if needed. Something that retains in the styles of TKD and Karate.. *I have a interest in Japanese/Korean culture.. heh..*

Yeah; me too... I love Japanese culture (fortunate to have a sister living over there...) Their language is great to speak and write... Back on topic...

If you want something that is disciplined, good for self-defence, something that remains in the Okinawan Culture, and si good for fitness... Then Shotokan Karate is something to try... :nod: It'll keep you in shape and is very good for self-defence...

Give it a go... The worst that'll happen is you won't like it... :)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

buted the knews <--- what does that mean?

Well I can help you out with Krav Maga. The whole purpose of Krav Maga is to learn self defense moves that utilize your natural movements. The moves are very easy to understand and learn and are very effective. In my class we will do the Krav curriculm including the techniques and self defense. Then we will work out and do some ground fighting/grappling. Every Krav school is different, and if they are worth anything they will let you watch a class and see what its all about. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Is Krav Maga a Jewish form of Self-defence? :-?

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi