• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am not familiar with this term....could be the same as floor drills? I am familiar with floor drills, its just putting combination together and working down the floor.

Let me know.

The best example I know of is a JKD flow drill. YOu line up in fighting stance in front of each other. Hands up of course. First person throws a punch towards the face of opponent. Opponent then blocks with back hand by tapping punch to left,away from face. At same time front hand comes up also blocking ear from same or second punch. This first step is a kind of one,two block. Again left hand sweeps across to right tapping punch and second hand comes up to ear like a reverse knife hand. Now the third step is the left now drives forward pushing the punchers arm back almost across them. Now the fourth step is the defender executes a punch across that move. I cant spell it right but use the term pok sow.

Starting slow what should happen is as the last move, the punch occurs, the first move of second person starts, the slap block.

Now both sould be able to FLOW back and forth. As speed and smoothness develop you can step out for long punch or in with elbow.

In HapKiDo there is alot of similar using back hands back and forth while standing foot to foot.

DAO

Good excersise.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good, we do a lot of those sort of drills at my Karate club. It's kind of similar (but also not) to Chi Sau drills used in Wing Chun - good for improving sensitivity and flow (hence the name).

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 10 months later...

We do flow drills for our self defense. We'll take one lock and change it into another and keep building and building so that the students learn to adapt as their opponent changes positions. It helps reduce what I call the "duh" reaction when grabbed

Tang Soo!

This isn't something we do in class but I do a sort of version of it in my own training. I actually started doing it when my sister told me I couldn't fight like Neo in The Matrix....... so I had to try to prove her wrong and we did like a fast 1-step / sparring type thing.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius