• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wado ryu

sliknik

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nagashizuki is a Sweeping Block

I dont know what Zenshin is but Zanshin is a state of mind where you are fully aware

Mawashi Geri Is a roundhouse kick

Sokuto Geri is a kick with the edge of your foot

zenshin gyakuzuki is not totally clear to me but I believe it is some sort of a reverse punch at least the gyakuzuki part of the term would somethat indicate that. Perhaps this is a reverse punch in a zen

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Samuel was incorrect with the nagashizuki as zuki means punch. He was correct with the idea of sweeping action.

Nagashizuki is the process of a forward punching action whilst turning the body to take you off the original centre as if to avoid a simultaneous attack.

This web site has a far superior explanation to mine. http://www.wadoworld.com/technical/moving/inasuirimi/inasuirimi.html

Zenshin may be a shortening of the term Zenshinshite which the action of stepping through with the back foot. I think in this instance "zenshin gyakuzuki" means something like this: from left stance, step through into right stance and perform left gyakuzuki (reverse punch) as you come into your stance.

We actually use the term "ayumi ashi" for that movement now.

One important factor when making zenshinshite or ayumi ashi is to be correctly move forward in a safe way so that you are protecting your centreline and not to go wide with your feet.

• 1 year later...

Fish is right.

Yokogeri, and Sokuto two different things.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

This is a case of Wado Ryu clubs starting to use Shotokan terms.

Sokutogeri and sokuto fumikomi are kicks using the edge of the foot, which is what "soku-to" means.

The people above have also said correctly that yoko geri is a kick to the side, so the two maegeri in Pinan Yondan or Kushanku for example are "yokogeri".