• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Remotivating yourself.

If you use movies for entertainment, I can make a few which could cause conterversy and healthy debate here. It is very interesting.

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One way to remotivate yourself is to completley change your training, like your classes. If you have to, take a week off. Then climb back into it. Or, take a week away from classes, and work out your own way.

As for black belt students, you have to shake things up for them as well. Try things like controlled sparring with different rules, give mini teaching seminars, and stuff like that.

The worst thing to do in my opinion at any form of work is to keep the training constant and even. There are benefits to taking a break or to include different sparring rules, for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comments. I know personally, I don't take any classes off, but when we have a holiday break, I get the urge to get back there. My remotivation comes daily however with new students. They are wide eyed and ready to learn anything (and always have a blast. )

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I think that it is good to take a holiday, but then, true believers tend to not forget the holiday per se, but not be completely devoted to what they do that day. But then, one might perpose the concept of participating in many sports or activities. Danica Patrick can be used as an appropriate example in my opinion. Then, I guess, I do not know.

I motivate myself by taking time off, watching some MA flicks (but not most), talking to my old training partners, talking w/ my instructor or watching old fights on tape.

Sometimes, its easier said than done.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

For me, it's often not the motivation to train thats lacking but the space or partners to do so. ( been moving around alot) Though I've sort of been in the mode that I work on my ground game for a few month, since it's the only formal training available, and this really makes me jones for striking, which I can train in when i got home for a few more months.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

When we have a break for Holiday, I use it to take a break and relax, or catch up on housework-----> nah - relax! Our breaks tend to only be less than a week off, it is longer, then I will train at home on my own.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.