• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how often do you go to class?

End

Why is there so much focus on monetary constraints? Do you pay for each attended class individual? For my school, I pay for the month and can attend a class everyday if I like. Im not very experienced with schools, so I assumed this was the norm.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there so much focus on monetary constraints? Do you pay for each attended class individual? For my school, I pay for the month and can attend a class everyday if I like. Im not very experienced with schools, so I assumed this was the norm.

this is how it is at my dojo

One More Time

• 2 weeks later...

All of schools in the UK the classes are paid per class.

I use to do 4 times a week, but now a days I go twice a week. Karate, or any martial art, isn't a race to see how many classes one can do and how fast one can rise thru the ranks, it about perfection of character (in my opinion), if 1 class is all you can do a week, then 1 class will have to be enough. What will be the difference? Well instead of attaining your black belt in say 4 years approx, it may take you a little longer, say 6 or 8 (you get my drift).

In the future things will change and hopefully then you'll be able to increase your classes.

That's my opinion anyway.

-ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

The idea of paying per lesson/per class is kind of a turnoff for me. I feel as an instructor I should offer as many classes per month as I can, giving all of the students the same opportunity to excel in the martial arts. In my opinion, it is very difficult to relate a significant amount of useful information to a student in one class a week.

Our instructor requires that students attend 2 lessons a week. He allows people to go extra per week, but at a small cost. He says, early on in rank, people are excited about their training and has seen interest falter when they begin taking several classes and not happy that they haven't advanced in rank as quickly as they should. He wants people to enjoy their classes, learn, and go home and practice what they have been shown.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I pay €65/3 months and I can go up to three times a week. My classes are 90 minutes long, so I can get to a total of four and a half hours of practice a week.

Last week I went three times, and was my first week in ma. In the upcoming weeks, I will probably go 2 times, because I do not have time to go three times a week, school..

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

Since I am still in beginner karate, three times per week is the schedule. My goal is to never miss, especially at this level. Beyond that there are classes six days a week at the dojo. As I progress, I'll inevitably be able to go to class each day should I desire. :brow:

"Without Ki, without Kime, there is no true Karate"

Yeah, certain days are specifically for Kihon/Kata while others are for Kubudo and Kumite. It's seems pretty well organized. Although I'm not training in all these classes yet it's nice to know that once I do that many options exist. :)

"Without Ki, without Kime, there is no true Karate"