• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how often do you go to class?

End

My school offers classes 4 times a week. I currently go 2 or 3 times, depending on work, family, and what not. I recommend at least 2 times per week once you get started.

Good luck and have fun! Enjoy the journey.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well it varied for me. when I first started out I went twice a week, but in the run up to the later gradings I did as many as 5 classes in a week. I would recommend 2, because it's enough to keep it fresh in your mind, but more classes can't do any harm. However... there is such a thing as too much training!!

The best armour is to keep out of range.

i go to jujitsu twice a week, and kendo twice a week. i also meet with a couple of other karateka for informal practice once or twice a week, and i practice everyday on my own.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Prior to injuring my back I would train a minimum of 8 hours a week. Occaisionly I'd go to the dojo 10 hours a week. Lately I'm lucky to get in 4-5 hours a week.

I'm going to Okinawa this week fora couple of weeks, and will do some training there. When I get back I plan to get back to 8 hours a week.

yeah i do get lazy quite a bit and skip a few times...i don't want to but it's also an hour away from where i live and it's a big hastle just to get there. I don't know...

i currently only go once a week due to monetary constraints. but hope to increase that in the near future.

Now you use head for something other than target.