• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how often do you go to class?

End

currently I take from the park district (not a seperate dojo) and we meet only once a week for an hour but the rest of the week i'm all jumpy and can't wait to go back. I wish I could go more

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm pretty busy, so only twice a week, but when I'm not as busy I try to do 4 days a week.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I go to Muay Thai 1 or 2 times per week, but it ends tomorrow night. I just switched to JKD and will go 2-4 times per week depending on what else is going on. One day is weapons, one striking, one grappling and takedowns, and one full contact sparring.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I go to class between 3 and 4 days a week, depending on what my schedule allows. Lately it's been more like 4 or 5x per week, because I've been doing a kobudo class on Sunday afternoons in addition to my regular karate practice. I also do usually work out on my own on the days I don't go to the dojo, and then there's my weekly yoga class too.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pay a monthly fee which allows me to attend as many classes as possible (within my belt rank). Right now, I try to attend between 4 and 5 classes a week. Less if I'm traveling on business.

currently 3 days a week, might do both a morning class on say technique, and a kata in the evening, usually though i average about 3 hours in the dojo a day for 3 days a week.

The club I want to go to only has it twice a week because they use a building that isn't theirs. The sensei only charges for 3 months which is pretty good.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• 4 months later...

I pay a monthly fee and am allowed to go to as many classes as I'd like. I have two classes(one in my rank and one in a higher rank) on mondays and wednesdays from 6:15pm-8:30pm and I have a morning class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00am- 7:15am. During the summer, before AAU Nationals, we train Monday-Fridays from 8:00am-2:00pm.