• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how often do you go to class?

End

hi, im going to start up karate and i was wondering how often a week does everyone go to training? i plan on going once a week because i can only aford to go once. how about everyone else? opinions?

smile and world smiles with you

weep and you weep alone

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lucky in the fact that my tuition allows me to go to any class but kendo(which is taught by a different sensei) I go to four classes a week. I'd recommend going at least twice a week, but I understand how the money situation goes. I was off MA for about a year after I graduated from college because I couldn't afford it. You might want to check with your sensei, a lot of them will allow you to work for your tuition if you can't afford class.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Our adult class meets 3 times a week. Our tuition is the same regardless of how many times we attend. I go to every class with few exceptions. Most of the other adults are hit and miss in their attendance which actually works out very nice for me. There are a lot of times when it's just me and Sensei. I get one on one training that would probably cost me a whole lot more if I were in a different dojo.

I train twice a week (currently looking to get to train three times). When I first started I was only able to train once a week because of club schedules clashing with other things I did.

The amount of training you can squeeze in depends on a lot of factors including club training schedules, money and other commitments that you have, but I think that if you make each training schedule you go to count, then it doesn't matter so much.

Remember you can train at home, go over stuff, read books on kata etc. even when you can't afford to go to class.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

We have four classes per week, two are mandatory to attend.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I'm not sure if i have posted in here... (if i have, do forgive me! :D)

Our first 2 classes are mandatory, but then I go for an extra 3 classes (one being on a Sat in the eve) the other two being in a weekday... all in the eve starting from around 5 and ending round 8.30ish...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi