• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks, Luck. May I ask the source of your information? The discussion I read made nereo chagi seem to be much more potent than a front kick, although yes, I know the front kick is considered to be the superior kick by many Okinawan systems. Specifically some Wado-ryu guys were discussing kicks from TSD or TKD. One brought up nereo chagi as a technique that would add value to Wado, and I know Wado has a front kick already, so that leads me to believe he meant something else. The Wado-Ryu discussion I refer to is an old one, otherwise I would ask the original author.

Thanks, Luck. May I ask the source of your information? The discussion I read made nereo chagi seem to be much more potent than a front kick, although yes, I know the front kick is considered to be the superior kick by many Okinawan systems. Specifically some Wado-ryu guys were discussing kicks from TSD or TKD. One brought up nereo chagi as a technique that would add value to Wado, and I know Wado has a front kick already, so that leads me to believe he meant something else. The Wado-Ryu discussion I refer to is an old one, otherwise I would ask the original author.

Does it possibly refer to a front pushing kick, like the Thai version? Just a thought.

I searched for the term 'Nereo Chagi' and I saw the German site on which it was printed. I think they got confused how to Romanize the Korean pronunciation.

I would suggest that they mean 'Narooh' Chagi which is the axe/cutdown kick, or 'Nayrooh Chagi' which is the double turning kick.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

Ahp chagi is a front kick, ahp(ae for correct context) in Korean means to the front.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...