• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my hakama touches the tops of my feet on the instep when I'm standing up straight. Never had any problems, mind you though, Iaido isn't the most physically demanding martial art out there.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to wear a Hakama for Kyudo... Mine just touches the top of my foot, and the material its made out of is nice to the touch... They are great to wear if you are not doing a physically demanding sport...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

So when your opponent strikes you they will be distracted by the fine fabrics so that you may use a devastating blow

HAHAHA. Funny but no. Some Martial Arts are more about the art than the warfare (Martial). Yes, they are worn primarily for tradition.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Maybe I can just hope I'll grow some more...I'm a teenager, I can do that.

And luckorskill007, hakama are worn inside the dojo. I think if it's a normal day where I'm going about my business as usual, I'll be wearing normal clothes, like pants or shorts. It's not about the attacker getting distracted by the nice material (and it is nice material), it's about traditional styles training in traditional clothes, often while they use things like a sword....I dunno about you, but I have yet to be attacked with a sword.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

...material its made out of is nice to the touch...

So when your opponent strikes you they will be distracted by the fine fabrics so that you may use a devastating blow

Close enough... But no... :lol: I know, it was kinda stupid putting that in, I dunno why I did so! :lol: :D

I dunno about you, but I have yet to be attacked with a sword.

:nod: Yep; gotta wait for my turn! :lol: Though Kenjutsu is handy for those who attack with you with just a knife, not always a sword... But still, gotta wait for my turn to come! :lol:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

:nod: Yep; gotta wait for my turn! :lol: Though Kenjutsu is handy for those who attack with you with just a knife, not always a sword... But still, gotta wait for my turn to come! :lol:
I hope it never does. If you've ever spoken to someone who's been in a real knife fight, you'll very quickly figure out that the chance of being cut is extremely likely.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.