• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know where else to put this, so....

Today, I got my first hakama for some training we're doing on Sunday. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put them on. Could someone please tell me how so I don't have to ask?

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True....but to my knowledge, I am the only girl doing the training. It really is kind of akward to have to ask a guy how to put on your pants.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

best thing to do is ask your instructor to show you instead of "one of the guys" in the class. I was totally confused the first time I put on a hakama. Took me a few weeks before I could do it myself.

If you're in a school that doesn't wear gi trousers underneath the hakama, make sure you where shorts of some sort as there's a big gap on either side of the hakama where your butt, or at least a your hips and a bit of thigh can be seen by anyone. :o :brow: Being the only girl in the class I imagine you want to keep your modesty intact.

:karate:

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Yes, just ask your instructor. I was also wondering how everyone cleans their hakama. I had mine cleaned, and I swear it shrunk in length.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Yes, just ask your instructor. I was also wondering how everyone cleans their hakama. I had mine cleaned, and I swear it shrunk in length.

I get mine dry cleaned so I don't lose the creases! They're a pain to iron otherwise!

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate