• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts rpg

tiffany23

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I haven't heard of any Martial arts specific rpg.. (Role Playing Game).

There are many rpg games out there that contain Martial arts (types) of characters that you can play.

For example, the monk character in Dungeons and Dragons is an Empty Hand fighter. You could pull together a party of monks using various skills, and abilities, and magic weapons/armour to enhance. The combat rules would stay the same regardless of what you specialize in.

All you'd need is a Dungeon Master who is willing to set up a game that focuses on that kind of action.

Or! Are you talking about a computer role playing game where you can fight as a Martial artist? Similar to Zelda?

My spirit is never daunted by training, but sometimes my body begs to differ.

My son says that there is a game called "Jade Empire" by Bioware for X box. It will be availabe for computer soon.

http://jade.bioware.com/

You start off as a monk in a temple, and pick a specific fighting style. You have light hits, strong hits, defend. It plays sort of like "Knights of the Old Republic"

My spirit is never daunted by training, but sometimes my body begs to differ.

My son says that there is a game called "Jade Empire" by Bioware for X box. It will be availabe for computer soon.

You start off as a monk in a temple, and pick a specific fighting style. You have light hits, strong hits, defend. It plays sort of like "Knights of the Old Republic"

That is a pretty martial arts oriented game, it plays alot like KotOR because the two games were made by the same company. Jade Empire is pretty good imho.

It's a decent game, if a bit short for my tastes. There was an old game on the origional playstation called legend of legaia I believe that was pretty good as well.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

How about Dynasty Warriors 5 and/or Samurai Warriors...

Dynasty Warriors is a martial combat game (not really an RPG but there is a storyline to it...) Very good, for the PS2... I love it! :D

Samurai Warriors, again MA combat game (nearly RPG and contains good storyline) This time set in Japan, unlike Dynasty Warriors which is in China...

Both for the Ps2 and both are great! :D :karate:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

• 11 months later...

I think she ment rpg as in like star trek rpg

where they write stoires

like something like this

Tiffany dawn on her karate uniform an headed towards the dojo. just she was about enter she bow in then enter waiting for other students to arrive, she watch as the students started pooring in. "The instructor bow in an then begin to address the students.

• 1 month later...

baldur's Gate II for the computer is based on D&D rules and you can choose to play a Monk. Their kicks and stuff look pretty cool.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

How about Dynasty Warriors 5 and/or Samurai Warriors...

Dynasty Warriors is a martial combat game (not really an RPG but there is a storyline to it...) Very good, for the PS2... I love it! :D

Samurai Warriors, again MA combat game (nearly RPG and contains good storyline) This time set in Japan, unlike Dynasty Warriors which is in China...

Both for the Ps2 and both are great! :D :karate:

YES!!!!! :D Awesome games, especially Dynasty Warriors! Dian Wei is THE MAN!!!!!