• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ki how, who and... mastering it

Gardangel

Thanks Shui.

"Not trying to sound padantic, but if you can not explain the use of it, then you can not be able to control it... "

In fact, I can't explain the use of it but I can control my rage a little. Maybe I'll have to understand my rage first and try to provoque the same physical reaction without it. Yeah, it may be a good start.

Cathal, I can't convince you about what is a personnal reaction but the fact is, through anger I was a lot stronger, away of my fears, away of love but also away of my mind.

Another interesting point is the effect of music on the mind. I'm a pianist since 25 years and I discovered that music affects the mind a lot. The physical affected by the mind affected by music. It helps the mind focusin on a particular emotion (sadness, happiness, etc). If you translate an emotional reaction to a physical reaction...

I'm sure of one point : the extra force comes from adrenaline and are caused by a violent emotional reaction. If you can reproduce the same reaction, you push the body further... a lot further. I'll meditate on all of this. Maybe I'll end up writing an article about it or a "FAQ how to".

Your posts help me.

Thank you !

Extra force comes with a rush of adrenaline

Unfortunetly, you can loose your mind...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"However, in true meditation, correct body mechanics, and the search for true ki that can be achieved if you try hard enough as you should try. Give other techniques more time, find an instructor to help you."

Without talking about it to my master, I found in him a reaction similar to mine. Weeks ago, he talked about being angry and wanting to moves mountain like that. He was strong and good when fighting with others that day (more than usual). I will talked to him... Our reactions may be the same. I will not try other techniques because I've already found a way. If I can control the rage, I can use it wisely and maybe, reach MY ki. I'm sure it is a question of time before I find it... I am near of it.

Thanks

Extra force comes with a rush of adrenaline

Unfortunetly, you can loose your mind...

I'm a pianist since 25 years...

I too am a pianist! :D I've been playing for over 10 years now!

the extra force comes from adrenaline and are caused by a violent emotional reaction. If you can reproduce the same reaction, you push the body further

Yes, i s'pose that that theory can be plausable...:nod:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I think what your were feeling was anger, not KI. I don't do any meditation, or internal contemplation, or anything like that, right now, but I do get to feeling like you described from time to time.

When I get angry, I get hot, sweaty, my blood pressure rises, I grit my teeth, and feel like unloading everything I have into the nearest inanimate object. When I get done, I feel drained.

I honestly think you felt anger, and not KI.

"However, in true meditation, correct body mechanics, and the search for true ki that can be achieved if you try hard enough as you should try. Give other techniques more time, find an instructor to help you."

Without talking about it to my master, I found in him a reaction similar to mine. Weeks ago, he talked about being angry and wanting to moves mountain like that. He was strong and good when fighting with others that day (more than usual). I will talked to him... Our reactions may be the same. I will not try other techniques because I've already found a way. If I can control the rage, I can use it wisely and maybe, reach MY ki. I'm sure it is a question of time before I find it... I am near of it.

Thanks

Sorry, I dont think people fight better when angry... use more strength? yes. In the case of your teacher I would recommend not doing that again; with his knowledge he could seriously hurt a friend or student.

I've seen anger used by me(which didnt work for much) and against me( to my advantage). It is not something new for me.

The last angry person that tried to fight me, found my foot on his chest and my punches landing.

When angry, you dont think straight,your mind cant take too much pressure like that. know ur body, and know your strength to the fullest, be good to ur body; in relaxation you find true strength.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty