• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best kick for self defense

I think the best kick to use in self defense is the low round kick, preferably with the shin. By low, I mean below the waist, on the common peronial (the nerve on the outside of the upper leg).

I agree 100%. I also feel that low front kicks are effective as well as stomp kicks.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

front kick using the heel - keeping it from the waist down it will cause a lot of damage and it is very difficult to block.

you can stomp with it, you can kick the legs, knees, abdomen.

Also, it is great for following up with the hands for a combo.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 1 year later...

Lately i've been favoring basic chapa - a basic rear mule stomp kick posting off of two hands and the other foot. It's simple, doesn't take much for flexibility or balance, has plenty of possibilities for combos, creates some space, and finishes in 'runners blocks'.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Much like there's no best technique for anything, I'd say it ultimately goes down to what you're comfortable with. Push kicks, low round kicks, scoop kicks, destructive knee kicks, foot stomps, knee strikes....all effective lower body techniques.

• 1 month later...

A kick to the shin would also be a good defensive/offensive kick. Why? Most attackers are laymen, and by laymen I mean someone who hasn't trained/conditioned their shins, therefore, a well placed kick to the shin might be enough to get away.

"You've got alot of nerves!" some might say, and my response would be "Thank you...and so does the shin area." The shin is a great attention getter, but if you don't capitalize at that very moment, the attacker might beat the heck out of you for general purposes because he's mad already and in pain (you hope) and mad because of the pain you caused.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Everything is part of a string, always. Until the threat stops. Nothing should be thrown out there alone or without commitment.

Everything is part of a string, always. Until the threat stops. Nothing should be thrown out there alone or without commitment.

That's a solid post! Study your opponent, study yourself, make a plan, and then carry the plan out...in total commitment.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!