• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PALMS!

Hmmm....palm strikes. :brow: Which MAs lean more towards plam strikes than fists? i ask because my fist is a bit weird (middle + index fingers stick out a bit) which means if the punch isn't VERY precise it hurts me a lot.

cheers,

tim

Just practice your current forms with palm strikes replacing your regular hand strikes. Also, try bag work with palms. Quite an interesting experience. You have to alter your strike a little.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had a terrible time getting through my front door last week. I was so mad that I couldn't get in, that out of frustration, I threw a palm heel to the door -----> it opened! I knew I loved that strike. :lol:

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I had a terrible time getting through my front door last week. I was so mad that I couldn't get in, that out of frustration, I threw a palm heel to the door -----> it opened! I knew I loved that strike. :lol:

The number of plumbers, builders and carpenters i've seen use that martial arts technique! it should be called the "artisan's strike"!

The number of plumbers, builders and carpenters i've seen use that martial arts technique! it should be called the "artisan's strike"!

Having been in the trades a few years back, I recall doing a house remodel, and a bathroom wall that had to be removed. A few strategic nails cut with a sawsall and my best palm strike *blam*, one wall now flattened. I just wish somebody had a video camera.

Palms rock. Compared to a fist, you sacrifice a bit of trauma, but they virtually eliminate the risk of hurting your own hand.

Ditto. It's still pretty effective and safer. When you use your knuckles, you can split them and get infections and maybe diseases (if you break the skin on their teeth and their silava gets into the cut or something like that). I just read the part about diseases in a hand-to-hand combat instructional writing.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."