• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mike Tyson vs. Hapkido Master...Who Would Prevail in a Stree

Well i think tyson would win if he got a few hard hit's in the head first then i think he would win.

If not then probably the hapkido guy.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a no holds barred street fight i think i would put my money on "Tyson".

He's a brawler and presumably would revert in that situation.

With his brawling background i'm sure he would have more in his arsenal than just boxing.

Then theres the amount of punishment he could absorb. It would be like trying to fight a rampaging bull :eek:

Its all speculative :smile: and it would take a brave opponent to take him on. You wouldn't know what you were likely to lose :wink:

Grant.

• 2 weeks later...
Tyson is a horrible little man and I hope he gets his someuppance sooner rather than later. Nasty, yobbo thug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"but in all reality, it would take any boxewr ONE punch toend it all for the Hapkido guy"

hmmm... well who can say that some (any) boxer necessarily has a harder punch than a hapkido guy, or say a karateka for that matter...

Hehe I'm a mere novice and even I can slam a makiwara pretty hard... (too hard really... ouch...) Also all those bricks and boards don't brake with a light blow :grin:

I'm not rubbishing a boxer's punch by any means, but they don't have a monopoly...

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Sorry, but you can hardly call Tyson little!!

I'm not sure if anyone is aware, but they asked Tyson if he would be willing to fight in UFC (ultimate fightin championship). He replied no immediately, because he said he only knows how to use his hands in a proper fight, (apart from his teeth), and that a UFC fighter, like 'TITO ORTIZ', who knows how to punch, kick, wrestle, use submission moves, and take a good beating (besides being hench), would be able to beat him.

Regrettably, I don't really know the Hapkido style, therefore I can't really comment on Tyson vs Hapkido.

But I reckon a large, strong, professional Hapkido student could probably beat Tyson in the ring, obviously because Tyson is limited to rules.

But on the street, there are no rules, and Tyson would simply smother the other guy and bite him and land a barrel of punches.

On the street, my money is on Tyson!!

• 10 months later...

My money would be on Tyson.

I really do get tired of people dissing Boxing, saying that Boxing cant compete with other MA's. These people always seem to bring up these past matches when Kung Fu Masters or Karate-Ka masters have beaten boxers... but there are two things that that always forget to mention. They forget to compare that the AMATUER boxers are fighting masters....and second, they are fighting in a controlled setting, in which the boxers have to wear there gloves. The gloves do diminish some of the power and dmg that is done... that is why they have to wear them.

Everyone tries to force home the fact, that since there form of MA teaches them how to grapple, kick, punch, blah blah that they are superior, because all the boxer can do is punch. There is a strength in that though. All the boxers do is punch..... think about that. They spend hours day in and day out punching speed bags, hard bags, people. Boxers have a wide array of combos and refined and devestating punches at there disposal. An avg boxer can land about 3-4 punches in a second or less... maybe more then that and I dont mean lil love tap punches, punches that are gonna clean your clock. Boxers also put themselves through some very very rigid training... and I would have to say Boxers as a whole have the best physiques in MA as well as the most conditioned. Alot of the Karate, TKD, Kung Fu students in my area are no where near Boxers in physical conditioning. Where MA's do forms and katas, Boxers are getting belted in the ribs, stomach and face by punches, medicine balls, etc. Taking a strong blow to a part of there body is not something unfamilar to them. I get sick of critics talking about how they would kick him in the stomach with a thrust kick and then do a round house and its over... pffffttt please! You better be packing alot more then that. Think about how many boxers get there jaws broken.. from being punched.. and they are using gloves!! Imagine getting hit, with a closed fist...

Bottom line is this. In a street situation.. where you are fighting a well trained, hardended Boxer... you better be ready to do 3 things.. 1. DIsh our some serious serious attacks... 2. Be ready to take some serious punishment... and lots of it and 3. Be ready to use tactics outside the scope of your MA.. (like using trashcans), because a boxer, even though they are taught to fight, they are a natural brawler... and would nto hesitate to use whatever they could.

Nick D.

Yellow Belt TKD

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Boxing is useless put up aginst any martial art that has kicking techniques. Boxing does not teach you how to defend your legs, probably one of the most vunrable spots on your body "if a man can't stand, he can't fight".

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

My money would be on Tyson.

I really do get tired of people dissing Boxing, saying that Boxing cant compete with other MA's. These people always seem to bring up these past matches when Kung Fu Masters or Karate-Ka masters have beaten boxers... but there are two things that that always forget to mention. They forget to compare that the AMATUER boxers are fighting masters....and second, they are fighting in a controlled setting, in which the boxers have to wear there gloves. The gloves do diminish some of the power and dmg that is done... that is why they have to wear them.

Everyone tries to force home the fact, that since there form of MA teaches them how to grapple, kick, punch, blah blah that they are superior, because all the boxer can do is punch. There is a strength in that though. All the boxers do is punch..... think about that. They spend hours day in and day out punching speed bags, hard bags, people. Boxers have a wide array of combos and refined and devestating punches at there disposal. An avg boxer can land about 3-4 punches in a second or less... maybe more then that and I dont mean lil love tap punches, punches that are gonna clean your clock. Boxers also put themselves through some very very rigid training... and I would have to say Boxers as a whole have the best physiques in MA as well as the most conditioned. Alot of the Karate, TKD, Kung Fu students in my area are no where near Boxers in physical conditioning. Where MA's do forms and katas, Boxers are getting belted in the ribs, stomach and face by punches, medicine balls, etc. Taking a strong blow to a part of there body is not something unfamilar to them. I get sick of critics talking about how they would kick him in the stomach with a thrust kick and then do a round house and its over... pffffttt please! You better be packing alot more then that. Think about how many boxers get there jaws broken.. from being punched.. and they are using gloves!! Imagine getting hit, with a closed fist...

Bottom line is this. In a street situation.. where you are fighting a well trained, hardended Boxer... you better be ready to do 3 things.. 1. DIsh our some serious serious attacks... 2. Be ready to take some serious punishment... and lots of it and 3. Be ready to use tactics outside the scope of your MA.. (like using trashcans), because a boxer, even though they are taught to fight, they are a natural brawler... and would nto hesitate to use whatever they could.

Nick D.

Yellow Belt TKD

Boxers have one huge disadvantage. They have no offense or defensive leg technique. In other words, you kick him in the knee he goes down. I also agree to the fact that boxers woudln't likely go down from a single punh to their ribs, but they do not conditon their legs, so if you took out their knee they'd be pretty much screwed.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate