• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi all....my little intro:)

Hi,

I'm also new to this group. Got registered because I needed advice about training for martial arts after an arm-wrestling injury (broken humerus for 3 years).

I've been living in Indonesia and at 29 started studying Silat very hard - not much time to waste at 29! After 6 months of very intense instruction in Silat and some additional classes in BJJ I got my injury and had to stop completely.

Now I'm almost 32 and the bone has healed apparently. But without physio advice for years in Indonesia I have some pain and weakness from tendon trouble. Also probably some psychological obstacles as you get used to pain avoidance strategies in your everyday life and it's hard to bring yourself to start throwing your arms around again :)

Will be returning to UK soon where a variety of martial art options are available to me. I'm going to try to overcome this curve ball and see if I can get back into fighting shape with BJJ and some kind of pragmatic striking style.

For me, it's all about the training life-style and the satisfaction of achieving deeper understandings. Competitions are also great fun. I spent my broken arm years working on my chess game which might benefit me later! :D

I will keep this forum informed of my progress in case it's of any general interest.

Cheers,

Tim

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome and the best of good fortune to you

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Thanks very much guys. On re-reading my intro I think it didn't look very polite in fact! Sorry!

I ought to have said that I'm very appreciative of the forum and will be (already have been) grateful for the advice on offer here.

Thank you all,

Tim

Welcome to KF, you will get lots of good advice and tips from the forum.

Good luck to you.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."