• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello and question

tessone

Hi. I'm new. I'm a pretty new student of Kuk Sool Won (still a white belt, til the next testing). I'm looking forward to talking about martial arts, which is something I don't do enough of. :smile:

I wonder, what was it for each of you that made your style(s) the one(s) you just had to study? Was it a friend? The way the martial art looked in demonstration? Something more mundane? I'm curious! :karate:

Chris

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've seen names thrown around of a lot of styles I've never heard of. My knowledge is pretty restricted to the popular stuff (so, TKD, Kung Fu, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Tai Chi, etc.).

Does anyone have a website or three that gives short descriptions of a lot of styles so that I might have a better idea of who's doing what? Thanks in advance...

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

I'm a BJJ fanatic now.. I originally started in freestyle kickboxing to learn how to fight. I realised how poor my grappling skills were, went to BJJ and I love it more than kickboxing.. I was in awe at how the guys moved on the ground when I first started and thought 'shit, I don't ever wanna get taken down by a grappler'.. There's a few other styles I wanna train in as well like judo & more kickboxing or another striking art.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

A formal welcome tessone.

KSW incorporated just enough of the TKD like kicks into a majority of Hapkido like throwing/locking/pressure point techniques for me. I've been totally addicted ever since.

I've had to drive an hour each way every Friday to continue my training over the last three years since I moved to CT. I still won't change.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Welcome tessone to the boards :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"