• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You'll find that all the greats: The entire Gracie Family, Saulo Ribeiro, Pedro Sauer, and the Machados (to name a small few) all train Gi.

So... All the Jiujitsu greats train in Jiujitsu? :D

:) Call it coincidence! All of the Karate greats trained in Karate also.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Thank you for all the great responses, even the tongue in cheek ones. It is great to hear the opinions. I am now convinced that the best way to train would be using both gi AND no gi. Unfortunately, there is only one place in town I know that does it and the schedule just doesn't work. And as expensive as MA training is these days I can only afford one place, so unfortunately, I a m going to have to choose.

But it looks like I found a place to train that teached Jeet Kune Do. It is a branch called JKD Unlimited, in the tradition of evolving JKD to use whatever works, these guys borrow heavily from Muay Thai, Kali, Jui Jitsu and even Judo, so I can learn some throws as an addition to the standard single & double leg takedown. Wow, talk about cross-training, sounds good to me! And they train no-gi, so it looks like that is what I will be going with, no gi.

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

Whatever choice you make...give it your all and you will succeed. Good luck.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."