• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

training under the grandmaster

Humble one, you are.

Is that sarcasm I detect?... :D

My black belt still only has one stipe on it, I'm about to grade to third dan. I haven't bothered putting the seond stripe on and will probably have the first one removed.

There was a black belt at our dojo who got his second dan at the same class I got my first. He didn't put his second stripe on for a month or so, and then one day, he got to class, and my sensei gave him a new belt, this one with two stripes sewn on, and told him, "Wear this - you earned it." So I guess it depends on one's instructor. Although, when I told him I wasn't going to wear rank, he said he respected that. Maybe he just likes me more...hehe :D :lol: :D

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humble one, you are.

Is that sarcasm I detect?... :D

My black belt still only has one stipe on it, I'm about to grade to third dan. I haven't bothered putting the seond stripe on and will probably have the first one removed.

There was a black belt at our dojo who got his second dan at the same class I got my first. He didn't put his second stripe on for a month or so, and then one day, he got to class, and my sensei gave him a new belt, this one with two stripes sewn on, and told him, "Wear this - you earned it." So I guess it depends on one's instructor. Although, when I told him I wasn't going to wear rank, he said he respected that. Maybe he just likes me more...hehe :D :lol: :D

No, no sarcasm intended. :karate: