training under the grandmaster

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be training with Grandmaster Pellegrini later this summer.

Our school has adopted the ICHF curriculum, although we haven't done it in a while. Some of the guys got to go to a GM Pellegrini workshop, and they said he was a blast to work with. Have fun!

I was at a event that GM Pelligrini was at one time and a sandan from Canada and I were sharing techniques and GM Pelligrini walked by and said here let me show you another way. So I grabbed his lapel and threw the strike according to what we had been discussing. Next thing I knew I was upside down and he was holding me there. What a great experience is was. I asked him to show me again because totally missed it the first time so he did and I still didn't catch it. He is a great martial artist and to this day appreciate him taking that little bit of time to show me something different.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

is there a grandmaster in your system and if so have you or do you take a class instructed by him/her? if so how is it (if it is at all) different from training under your regular instructor?

when we have testing, grandmaster Han will hold an advanced class the night before and also an hour of class during the testing break. i have noticed his training is a lot more repetitive than my regular instructor. it also seems like everyone works harder which is no surprise i guess. i enjoyed the reptitiveness and intensenessof the atmosphere when he is there. he is a 70 yo man and can still run circles around his 4th dans. its pretty amazing to me

Hello,

Have you ever had the chance to train under Grandmaster Han's instructor, Kum Hong Lee?

R. McLain

There is a GM is each of the systems that I study. One even has the style founder still around to the best of my knowledge (who was taught by Toyama Kanken). Unfortunately none of them are in this country. However, my instructors studied with them. As for how it is different..I would imagine that there are no questions as to the right way and that during testing you are a bit more nervous since the man/woman it the all to that style. Everyone works harder becaue of the heart pumping more because he/she is who he/she is. It would also be such an honor to have the opportunity. I envy you temendously.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

When I started in the Kara-Ho Kempo system, I was fortunate to have Grandmaster Kuoha train me as I was learning their cirriculum. I still remember when he was instructing me on how to do a lay-out kick in one of their intermediate forms. Man, that kick just killed me and still does to this day, but when I watched Grandmaster perform the kick, I was in awe. He was in his early to mid 50's I believe, and he landed like a cat...a big cat at that!

Too bad at the time he showed me what the kick was suppose to look like that I didn't have the video running. Otherwise, I am fortunate to have been able to work out with him in a 1 on 1 situation.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 1 month later...

I train with my Grandmaster once a week, i attend his dojo, and he owns 54 of which the one i attend is the headquarters. He is 72 years old and been doing Martial Arts for 68 years. The style we do is his own created style called Gosoku-Ryu(hard fast). He is really fast for his age but also very humble.

I train with my Grandmaster once a week, i attend his dojo, and he owns 54 of which the one i attend is the headquarters. He is 72 years old and been doing Martial Arts for 68 years. The style we do is his own created style called Gosoku-Ryu(hard fast). He is really fast for his age but also very humble.
Soke Tak Kubota right.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

Soke Tak Kubota right.

Yes, Soke Takayuki(Tak) Kubota