• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

He is obviously very talented. But except for the last guy, almost everyone was just running at him to be thrown. There's a reason BJJ is the hot grappling art right now and Aikido isn't.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know he cried an called for cops when he thought the mafia was after him...

An aikido is cool, but i seen it fail when they defend against non rushing non-restistant oponents who actually know how to fight

He is obviously very talented. But except for the last guy, almost everyone was just running at him to be thrown. There's a reason BJJ is the hot grappling art right now and Aikido isn't.

Agreed- too often over compliance and full committal lunging attacks are used in Akido training. I do like their wrist locks though, which if the right moment comes along can be pretty swell. As for the video, I don't know if it was a demonstration or randori, as the events being filmed are not explained.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 4 weeks later...

Some of aikido does seen useful but all of the useful stuff i see, we already learn in Kung fu, plus a lot more. Not downing the style but all of the locks and throws we already do, but we dont have to have the people run at us while holding their arm out, like they are a one horned bull or somthing.