• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's he been doing lately. I've seen a couple "straight to video" movies lately. He seems to have gotten a little eccentric as he's gotten older. Am I the only one who noticed this?

he's busy. very busy. he has his own energy drink now (it's very good, too), has the movies and is a musician. He has a blues band. They are on tour right now and have 2cds out.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seagal was scheduled to be in Atlanta this week, but cx'ed.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I'm not a fan of Aikido as practiced for self defense. Looks beautiful, works wonderfully, but I cant see how people will always come at you with their hands over their heads and if someone grabs your collar or wrist, they will also throw a punch most likely, not wait for you to do something.

I've never questioned Steven Seagal was a good martial artist. 7th dan in Aikido and black belt in Kendo. The man knows his martial arts.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Segal has been making a lot of straight to video movies. Most of them suck. Van Damme has made a few STV as well. Suprisingly I have been seeing a lot of Westly Snipes movies going straight to video. What the heck happened to him? How do you go from the Blade trilogy, to straight to video in less then 3 years?

Tapped out, knocked out, or choked out...Take your pick.

http://jujitsu4u.com/

http://www.combatwrestling.com/

http://gokor.com/

AAAGHGHHH!!

....have to chip in here - getting unusually miffed at the number of "In Aikido you have to wait for someone to run at you or grab a wrist before doing anything" etc. etc. type comments.

Guys and gals (Aikido newbies and non Aikido students), just because Aikido kind of falls into the category of one of those 'path of least resistance' or 'use your attackers energy against them' type budo's it doesn't mean you have to wait for them to start beating the crap out of you (or attempt to) before you do anything! In most schools of Aikido there are numerous basic exercises designed to train pre-emptive movement in order to either a) incapacitate them or b) force a reflexive action with which to begin a manipulation....or whatever.

Nuff said.