• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He worked long and hard to get into that particular skill level...

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

What's he been doing lately. I've seen a couple "straight to video" movies lately. He seems to have gotten a little eccentric as he's gotten older. Am I the only one who noticed this?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Yeah, most of his movies are straight to video these days, but he still seems to come out with 2 or 3 a year, so someone must be watching. Quality has certainly taken a nose dive since his early movies, but I thought 'Into the Sun' was great, so I'll still give his flicks a chance when they come out.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

What's he been doing lately. I've seen a couple "straight to video" movies lately. He seems to have gotten a little eccentric as he's gotten older. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Yeah, him and Van Damme have gone down the same road lately. Incidentally, did you notice that in the opening scene of "Into the Sun" had former NFL running back Eddie George in it? Thought that was interesting.

did you notice that in the opening scene of "Into the Sun" had former NFL running back Eddie George in it? Thought that was interesting.

I did notice that. I guess he ran out of money or something.

I'm not sure why Van Damme gets grouped into the same category as Seagal. He's never made a good movie ever. Granted Seagal has gone way down in quality in the last 5 - 10 years, but again, his early stuff was great.

did you notice that in the opening scene of "Into the Sun" had former NFL running back Eddie George in it? Thought that was interesting.

I did notice that. I guess he ran out of money or something.

I'm not sure why Van Damme gets grouped into the same category as Seagal. He's never made a good movie ever. Granted Seagal has gone way down in quality in the last 5 - 10 years, but again, his early stuff was great.

Oh, I agree, I am not saying he made bad movies by any stretch. I loved Fire Down Below, The Glimmer Man, Hard to Kill, Above the Law, all that good stuff. I even enjoyed VanDammes early stuff.

I think that part of the problem is that I hear Segal isn't the nicest guy in the world.

Yeah I've heard that about Seagal as well. Not to be an apologist, but after being such a revered 'round eye' in Japan, and then becoming an international movie superstar, I guess I can understand him becoming arrogant and stuck up, while at the same time I don't condone such behavior regardless of who you are.

It's just unfortunate. When Seagal writes and produces his own movies, (like he did with above the law, and into the sun, and a few others) they're usually really good. I wonder what movies he's written that haven't gotten made (if any) because of his attitude?

And concerning Van Damme, I'll give you the original Universal Soldier movie. That one was good, but I attribute it to Dolph Lundgren. That guy is gold in everything. Did you ever see the original 'Punisher' movie he made? Much better than the junk they made recently with Travolta.

Yeah I've heard that about Seagal as well. Not to be an apologist, but after being such a revered 'round eye' in Japan, and then becoming an international movie superstar, I guess I can understand him becoming arrogant and stuck up, while at the same time I don't condone such behavior regardless of who you are.

It's just unfortunate. When Seagal writes and produces his own movies, (like he did with above the law, and into the sun, and a few others) they're usually really good. I wonder what movies he's written that haven't gotten made (if any) because of his attitude?

And concerning Van Damme, I'll give you the original Universal Soldier movie. That one was good, but I attribute it to Dolph Lundgren. That guy is gold in everything. Did you ever see the original 'Punisher' movie he made? Much better than the junk they made recently with Travolta.

I liked some of VanDamme's fight scenes. I know he is a terrible actor. His biggest mistake was probably Street Fighter. Dolph did a movie with Brandon Lee once, I think it was Showdown in Little Tokyo. It was alright. Dolph's best performance, hands down, is Rocky IV. Man, he was ripped.

universal soldier? blah. his best works were "no retreat, no surrender" and "bloodsport" by far.

I've met seagal - talked to him. He didn't seem overtly arrogant, but he is a bit pushy.