• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting...very interesting. I'm not too sure how real life it was since it was in a school setting it appeared but it was nice none the less. Thanks

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Thanks for the video. It was very interesting.

However, I agree with the person who said soomewhat less delicately that Seagal was only defending against much smaller opponents. I would rather see him perform his techniques against someone his own size and stronger. I think Aikido is a great art, but I prefer to see it in a more realistic setting. It's hard to tell with many demonstrations what's real and what's choreography.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

It's a great demo. I have no doubt that if you tried to grab his shirt you'd end up in a world of hurt, also if you tried to run at him & grab him with your hands.

However, I have not seen Aikido demos yet where the uke was trying to run in & clock the practicioner, or against a sparring partner in a boxing/kickboxing stance, or where the uke dropped his shoulder & tried a linebacker-type takedown.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Aikido would be great to use if a football team were attacking you lol. I would love to take it, it looks fun and it could be very useful in some situations.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

I have always enjoyed the action in his movies. From what I understand, he is very highly respected in Japan, for his aikido, and as a sword master as well.

He is very skilled, and quick for a large man. I think he is 6' 6", or something like that. His footwork is incredible.

The footwork seems very complex to me. I have had trouble with my Hapkido lessons, trying to get the proper footwork down. I get so wrapped up in what my hands are supposed to be doing, that I neglect my feet.

Don't let it get to you Bushido_man96. Segal has done that for a very very long time. There is no doubt he is very skilled in Aikido.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."