• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much bunkai training do you do?

RichardHangHong

yeh i train bunkai all the time,

i think there can never be enough bunkai training, becuase repetition is the key to also understand the technique

Osu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always do Bunkai training at our Dojo... And everyweekend or so, there'll be seperate classes to go through with different grades about their katas...

Bunkai is very good to learn and practice... It teaches you how to effectively move your body out of the attacker... It stops making Karate too linear...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Definately Tekki Shodan, Bassai Dai and Heian Sandan...

Which ones do you prefer to use then?

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I have heard of Sochin, but not the others, are they from Goju Ryu?

• 2 weeks later...
Which katas do you enjoy practising bunkai the most?

Jion. It is/was called it Ura Jion

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

we have a special class for bunkai every thursday and it is required to know bunkai for one kata everytime you test until your black belt testing that requires five katas of bunkai

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.