• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiya,

thought I might put this here since I think ninjitsu uses a lot of weapons.

Does anyone know if ninjitsu is the same as ninpokai?

Also in ninjitsu do you have to wear those chicken feet boot thingies? lol.. I think they look really ugly(please don't take offense to that anyone)

and lastly, in ninjitsu do you have to learn stealth and stuff like the ninjas did a long time ago?

Thank you

Cya

Hiya

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i don't have the answer to any of your questions except your "chicken feet boot thingy" are a type of tabi lol :wink:

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

Well, Ninpo is a higher form on Ninjutsu. Yeah, tabi are worn. I love them! Theyre really comfortable. As for stealth, I dont know if all dojos will teach it, but some do. You cant expect to learn all of the old Ninja stuff. I dont think u will find too many places that will teach explosives and has horses and stuff. I had to learn those on my free time.

tabi huh? lol.. I still think they should be called chicken feet. so if ninpo is a higher form of ninjitsu, does it mean it's better or it has more techniques or something? Im kinda confused.

thank you

Cya

Hiya :???:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Well, most of the "modern" ninjutsu is just the taijutsu part of it. Some schools still teach stealth and a lot of the more old stuff. Ninpo is more in depth with all of the training. It also works on a spiritual level. If you consider Ninpo, then you would probably have to travel quite far to train in it (depending where you are). There are only 2 grandmasters left. One is in Japan and I cant remember where the other is.

*To HELL with opportunity!

I create opportunity!*-Bruce Lee

[ This Message was edited by: Blade13 on 2002-05-06 18:33 ]

Hm, there's a Ninpo kai (does the kai mean anything?) about 35 minutes from where I live. If I get really lucky my Mom will agree to drive me there during the summer and by 8th grade also.. I'm doubtful though. She hates to drive. heh I can't wait till I'm old enough to drive.:bawling:

Also, is bujinkan a type of ninjitsu? There's a bunjinkan dojo around here also, but I really have no idea what art it is, other then the fact there was a link to that site on a ninjitsu site.

Edit: Hey Blade, taejutsu is the same as ninjitsu only without the weapons, am I right?

Thank you for all your help everyone. :up:

[ This Message was edited by: Hiya on 2002-04-25 20:59 ]

Well, I dont know if the kai means anything, I dont really know a lot about Ninpo. It is probably good. Taijutsu is just the actual unarmed fighting of Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu is a combination of a ton of arts. Taijutsu (unarmed), Kenjutsu (sword), etc. And yup, there is Bujinkan Ninjutsu. Good luck with getting ur mom to take u to the Ninpo Kai dojo. I wish I had one of those around here.

*To HELL with opportunity!

I create opportunity!*-Bruce Lee

[ This Message was edited by: Blade13 on 2002-05-06 18:34 ]

Kai means association, I think

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)