• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What weapons do you use?

Mossberg 500, Glock 30, Cold Steel Voyager Tanto pt., Fox 10% OC, ASP 21" baton.
Really? Within your style? That's excellent.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Katana for Kenjutsu, Bo Staff and Archery (Kyudo).

Has anyone tried Kyudo? :-?

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

our main weapon is bo, but at my studio we also teach sai, broad sword, bokken, a little nunchaku, and my instructor's instructor teaches kama, spear, and straight sword

"I am not going to show you my art. I am going to share it with you. If I show it to you it becomes an exhibition, and in time it will be pushed so far into the back of your mind that it will be lost. But by sharing it with you, you will not only retain it forever, but I, too, will improve." -- Edmund K. Parker

Katana's (Nadochi, Tachi, Tonto, Shinobigatana, etc), Naginata, Yori, Kyoketsu shoge, Rope, Kyoketsu (Weighted chain), Bo, JO, Hanbo, Shurinken, Knife, and Great Axe

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

• 3 weeks later...

i mainly train with shinai, bokken and katana in kendo. i've also done quite a lot of training with a staff, and i've dabbled in sai and nunchaku.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

I use a Katana for Kenjutsu, Bo Staff and Archery (Kyudo).

Has anyone tried Kyudo? :-?

its something i've wanted to try for years, but all the archery schools i can find are western competition styles with plastic bows and laser sights and stuff lol.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

• 2 weeks later...

Our schools work with the bo staff mostly, but we also have students that work with kamas, nunchaku, sais, and various types of swords. I work with the bo and I'm starting to learn some moves with kamas.

"It's not just Karate, it's a way of life."

Just added battle axe to the mix! Battle axe and shield, also battle axe and long sword. Cool combinations. You can get a lot of hooking actions with the axe, pulling away shields and stuff like that.