• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Put the armor on today...

Where do you get your armor? I know a few SCA guys that make top notch armor and baskets are only about 35 to 40 bucks.

Have you tried other groups I know a group called amtguard its LARP but they fight with boffers no armor needed?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you get your armor? I know a few SCA guys that make top notch armor and baskets are only about 35 to 40 bucks.

Have you tried other groups I know a group called amtguard its LARP but they fight with boffers no armor needed?

Aaa, not interested in boffer fighting. I got my armor as a gift, so I was lucky. I have a friend who made his own armor and helm. They aren't anything fancy, but they serve the purpose. I've got a basket hilted sword, but I think a basket would look silly on my axe!

SCA was fun... right up until I took a great sword to the upper arm. My opponent managed to hit the spot right between my elbow guard and spalder. Made my whole arm go numb

Nah, it was still fun ;)

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

SCA was fun... right up until I took a great sword to the upper arm. My opponent managed to hit the spot right between my elbow guard and spalder. Made my whole arm go numb

Nah, it was still fun ;)

Oh, yeah, good stuff! I like the pain!....

.........except that I thought I was gonna cry like a girl when my finger got smashed!

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd dig this up, and give a report of my fighting this week.

My brother fought with a spear/halberd, and basically used my head as a cue ball, and the spear tip as the world's largest pool stick! Wow, my neck still hurts from whiplash. He did so many sneaky moves, that I could not see it coming. We were fighting 2 on 2, and I got my butt smoked pretty good.

Also, a friend of mine was two weapon fighting, and every time I would get the killing blow on him, his last shot was always a shot from his left hand on my weapon arm (I used sword and shield, and he is left handed).

Gotta work on that defense!

Well !

That s cool.

What kind of armor do you use ?

Have you ever tried with two handed scottish claymores ?

I would love to do medieval combat ( the highlander and braveheart movies twisted my mind in my childhood :P)i....but I dont fight where to do that in my city or even in my country.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

Well !

That s cool.

What kind of armor do you use ?

Have you ever tried with two handed scottish claymores ?

I would love to do medieval combat ( the highlander and braveheart movies twisted my mind in my childhood :P)i....but I dont fight where to do that in my city or even in my country.

My armour is actually made out of old street signs. It has an oriental type of look to it, but it fits well, and is light.

My brother actually likes to fight with a 6 foot two handed sword, and he is deceptively quick with it. If I don't use my shield, I get a pretty good bruise on my left shoulder :D .

I got banged up today. Took some blows off the old fingers. My left ring finger is bruised up real good. But, I can type ok! :brow:

I was wearing a gauntlet, but I took it off because it affected the way I grip the handle, and it was wearing my hand out real bad. Next time, I'll just deal with my hand being tired!

What type of gauntlets do you use? Did you make them yourself? One of my friends was talking about using kendo gloves but I wonder how well that would work.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1