• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have actually studied Combat Hapkido, and it is a very nice system, and I feel that it incorporates easily with others. It has a lot of curriculum, depending on what all he decides to teach.

It should be a good time for you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thats a lot to learn by week: karate material and judo material, specially if you havent got a solid karate base.

maybe train a bit more in karate before cross training?

you'll do whatever you want, just try not to become a bad karate-ka and a bad judoka for trying 2 styles at the same time,ok? train hard( in one or 2 styles) and good luck!

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Talk to your current instructor. That is the most important thing you can do for your training at this point. It doesn't really matter what any of us think. We are not your sensei. He/She may not appreciate you cross training. Some instructors are sensitive to this because they try to stay true to form in their own teachings. They do not wish to have someone who is training elswhere come to their dojo and inadvertantly ( and yes it DOES happen), teach their students techniques from other schools.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I'm gonna seriously, and I mean seriously, advocate sticking to one style for a little longer than a few months (at least around a year) before you decide to cross into another style, it takes a lot of dedication to train in two Martial arts at one time, it's much akin to working two jobs at the same time, you can do it, but it takes a lot of time to learn two full/complete systems.

Talk to your current instructor. That is the most important thing you can do for your training at this point. It doesn't really matter what any of us think. We are not your sensei. He/She may not appreciate you cross training. Some instructors are sensitive to this because they try to stay true to form in their own teachings. They do not wish to have someone who is training elswhere come to their dojo and inadvertantly ( and yes it DOES happen), teach their students techniques from other schools.

These are exactly the same sentiments that my instructor feels.

my sifu lets us train in other styles AFTER reaching black belt.that way we are true to what we've been taught and we can decide what style and movements go with the ones we already have, since, by black belt, u learn what moves work and which ones are harder to apply.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty