• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Asano

Shotokan-Karate

Does anybody here train under (Hanshi) Ashiro Asano? 9th dan, My god, His class is Really hard, please reply if you do go to Asano's class

Edited by Shotokan-Karate

"Words mean nothing, they are empty expressions floating around, Do not be offended, words mean nothing."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

-Strokes beard-

A 9th dan that doesnt come up on google...

I for one welcome our new google overlords, and something google doesnt know is something ill never know.

In what way are the classes hard?

He does these tecniques in combinations and he asks you to do them SLOW 5 times, then when you have done that you have to do the lightning fast and everybody gets mixed up (No offence but i don't have a clue what he says because his english is terrible)

"Words mean nothing, they are empty expressions floating around, Do not be offended, words mean nothing."

Only 5 times? Heh I read somewhere that it was something like 12 times before it became muscle memory or something like that.

Still, Bad english, Not so good teaching skills by the sound of it. Doesnt seem like a very convincing 9th Dan to me.

But I wouldnt really know too much about whos who.

I go to the Senior class with all the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th and even 5th dans and i am only 1st kyu... and he is a good 9th dan, he trained under Kirokazu Kanazawa (Only 10th dan in the world, The best)

Oh well, That could explain something about the classes, 1st Kyu and the Dan grades

Hehe :-)

I found the google problem, Seems his name is Hanshi not Hanshee :)

The world renowned Shiro Asano 9th Dan, Chairman and Chief Instructor of Shotokan Karate Internation European Federation, regularly teaches at Chilwell Olympia.

"Hanshi" is his title, his name is Ashiro Asano, i watched him in "Japanese Karate Masters" video, he is very strong in that video, i liked one of his combination too.

asano sensei came to Britain as a 7th dan JKA ,later on he joined Kanazawa sensei in shotokan karate international .I think he has his own association now .

I did not know he is a 9th dan now ,that may have come from his own group.

There are many top japanese masters who were the elite group of JKA .

Most of them are 7-8 th dans .

apart from late masters kaze ,Enoeda, who were both 8th dans and the most influential along with kanazawa who parted company with them in the 70s and Shiraei ,there are also Tanaka and Yahara who were the most famous ones and I believe are both 8th dans now .

I believe after Master Nakayama passed away,late Master Enoeda who was awarded 8th dan in 1977 never accepted another dan grade !

never give up !