• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Write Offs

Hey all,

A quick business question.

Can you write off the cost of your own promotion fees (IE you're the one who is taking the test) as a cost of doing business? What have you done in the past?

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You should really ask an accountant.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

I don't see why not. It's part of your development expenses and enhances your qualifications for your business, but run it past your accountant to be sure of what to put it through as.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

I agree with TigerDude and RichardGregory. I don't think there is too much of a problem there because it wouldn't be different from an IT person getting certifications, etc.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Hey all,

A quick business question.

Can you write off the cost of your own promotion fees (IE you're the one who is taking the test) as a cost of doing business? What have you done in the past?

For what it's worth, my wife is an accountant in Georgia and says yes, but as an educational or professional expense. It's the same as a certification or licensing exam for any other professional.

Still, check with an accountant in your area.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu