• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sabaki or linear

tsuki

How can anyone not use Sabaki movements? The older I get and the more I've trained the more Sabali movement I use.

When an opponent is larger and or faster than you are a good old side step and parry will go a long way. Less banging and bashing and a little more finesse goes a long way. :wink:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree with shotochem .

My concept of karate is to hit and not get hit ! by not being there when the attack comes my way .that is the ultimate !

When a powerful front kick is comming towards me I rather get out of it's way rather than try and block it or go backwards and face more attack .

By moving out the opponents angle of attack there is much better chance of scoring with a counter of your own.

But this is easier said than done ! and one can never perfect it but can improve on it as experience grows.

but can you ever perfect any art ?

never give up !

I train in Enshin which is centered on the Sabaki method. I haven't really been in a "street" fight or heard of any stories of an Ashihara or Enshin student being in a street fight. However, I've seen or experienced several times an Enshin fighter in a match or practice kumite with Kyokushin fighters. If the Kyokushin fighter isn't accustomed to the Sabaki moves, I've seen them get put on the ground. However, Kyokushin fighters do often compete in Sabaki tournaments and often do well, even winning their weight divisions. I think in those cases the Kyokushin competitors have familiarized themselves with Sabaki techniques so they won't be surprised and will be able to counter them.

Life is dynamic and changing.

So too should Martial Art training be.

:)

Good luck!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Hello Charlie

I train in Enshin with Sensei Rod Ter Weijden in Auckland, NZ. It is great to see another Enshin practitioner on the net!

Does your dojo have a website? Have you trained at Honbu?

Sure, the website of the dojo I go to is: http://www.virginiakarate.com/. I've never been to the honbu although I would really like to go sometime. I'm going to Japan in August and hope to train in one of the Enshin dojo while I'm there. My instructor here is Sensei Nima Mazhari. Your sensei probably knows him since I understand all of the Enshin teachers have met each other at one time or another. Osu!