• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Introductions

I have gone and posted a bunch and missed the whole intro thing. Better late, perhaps, than never.

I have been studying the martial arts for nearly 25 years. Various arts from all over the world. I currently reside in the Western US, but just returned from a 4 year stay overseas in Southeast Asa, primarily the Philippines.

The focus of the art I train in is combat, self-defense. It focuses on hand to hand, weapons of all types(archaic and modern[ie, swords, bo's, etc, to guns, rifles, shotguns, etc])

I really look forward to some good discussions on this forum.

In advance, some of my views and posts are unconventional and this tends to rile some people up. I'm not here to preach this or that. It's not about who's right or wrong, but about communal learning. I share, you share, we learn. Also I may want to warn, sometimes when I write I come across as very, very arrogant. It's just that I am very passionate about the martial arts and when I try to explain something I can come off as very blunt. Remember this is(in most cases) not personal, just topic related.

That aside, I assure you once you get to know me I'm not a ****y jerk that my posts make me out to be. I'm really a nice guy, really I am.

Here's to the sharing of knowledge. :grin:

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Everyone here's is passionate about the martial arts. And so our emotion will show, but its cool. I admire people how are straight forward. Hate people who are BSing. Welcome, bro. :up: :up:

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Post on up!

I like hearing different views.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

On a side note: I just got promoted to an orangish colored belt on KARATEFORUMS.COM. I've got to be honest. I never thought I'd get a colored belt in anything. The art I study doesn't use belts or ranking and I never even considered I'd ever get anything like it. So I've got to say it was quite a surprise.

You've got to look at from my point of view to see the humor in it. The art I'm in doesn't view belts as any indication of skill or even practiacal knowledge.(Generally speaking. We look at it as boiling down to the individual regardless of the belt around his/her waist) So I don't care for belts. Now, I join up here and get belts, ranks, etc. It's really funny for me. :grin:

This makes no sense I'm sure, but just go with me on this one.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Hey, welcome to Karateforums.com

What is the name of the art you practice, or would you like it to remain unknown? Just wondering.

It looks like you've already inputted a lot of interesting content to our forums, and I look forward to reading more in the future.

Again, welcome! :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com