• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Asian Dish

karatekid1975

What's everyone's favorite asian dish (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean or one from each)?

Korean: My fav is Bul go gi .... Korean BBQ'ed beef, with kimchi, and Saki on the side. I'm addicted to Korean food. I was told by a Korean waiter that I was weird, because not many Americans like kimchi, but I ask for seconds, and thirds of it hehehehe I buy it in bulk from the Korean store here in NY. I love it. I also shop there regularly for groceries.

Chinese: I like all kinds of Chinese food. Not as addicted to it as I am Korean food, though.

Japanese: Sushi, saki

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but how much of the "americanized" chinese food is REALLY chinese food?

I kind of doubt they smother a battered, deepfried piece of meat in a thick sweet sauce. Otherwise, they would have the same weight problem the "average" american does. :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Muaythai,

Oh, I forgot thai food. Sorry. I donno the thai name for it, but I love the spicy beef. I also like it hot :smile:

I can't find a Chinese place that makes good General Tou's chicken. It's supposed to be spicy, but I never get it spicy :???:

I agree that most Chinese food in America is "Americian-ized" but it's still good hehehehe

Laurie S.

Yellow belt/green stripe TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-04-23 11:21 ]

Laurie F

None I hate the stuff. Man did I suffer when I was in Japan. I hate seafood and they love it.

I ended up eating lots of rice and sneaking to a steak restaurant when I could LOL

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Well if I am eating specifically Korean I have to have bul go gi. And I have had the authentic dish in Korea. But in general my favorite asian dish is sesame chicken. Now that you mention it I do wonder how authentic what I am getting at my local shop is.

Hehe I love Japanese food... miso soup, sashimi, chicken katsu, tempura, all those udon and soba soups with seaweed, raw egg, etc, not to mention the good old ramen.

I love those set lunch/dinner boxes with the little square compartments with the range of dishes in them.

I think the Japanese food we have in Australia is fairly authentic. I introduced one of my friends to Japanese food (other than the ubiquitous sushi roll) just before he left for Japan to teach English for 6 months. Now he's back he has a passion for Japanese food, and recognizes the stuff on the menus here... he was pretty much eating the same stuff as you get at the variety of Japanese restaurants/cafes over here.

On the other hand my dad went to China and Hong Kong, and I gathered that the most "traditional" Chinese food there was the roadside noodle soup vendor, who would serve his own special recipe from a small stall.

KarateForums.com - Sempai