• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learn't A New Kick

Orion

Well not really a new kick but its kinda the same kick twice.

Its a fake side thrust kick to move your opponent back, land so your back is towards your opponent, spin backwards and do with the other leg do another side thrust kick.

Getting the balance is really hard, but I managed it once and kicked the missus across the dojo :o , she had to get the sensei to hold the bag after that.

Feeling quite bad this morning as the missus has a hurt sholder and still got a bruise from last week, she keeps calling it legalised wife beating, although she does get her own back :lol:

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Glad to see it worked. :)

What stances were you using at the time?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Well not really a new kick but its kinda the same kick twice.

Its a fake side thrust kick to move your opponent back, land so your back is towards your opponent, spin backwards and do with the other leg do another side thrust kick.

Getting the balance is really hard, but I managed it once and kicked the missus across the dojo :o , she had to get the sensei to hold the bag after that.

Feeling quite bad this morning as the missus has a hurt sholder and still got a bruise from last week, she keeps calling it legalised wife beating, although she does get her own back :lol:

Good for you...the combination part...sorry to hear about your injured missus. I hope that she will be doing better soon...Will you be holding the bag anytime soon so that you wife can attempt the kick? :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Am sure she gets her own back in her own way!!

Its always exciting using a new kick. We have a similar thing but we start facing the opponent, fake a jodan punch, spin round into ushiro-geri. Its hard to do without the opponent realising what you are up to. (Although I shan't even be attempting this at present time!)

Karate Ni Sentinashi

You know a combo I love that reminded me of... is a front teep (snap kick sort of thing, MT teaches it) when your opponent is charging to stop them, immediately followed by a leg kick. The stepping down with the lead foot right into the round kick really puts some power into it. Maybe don't do it to the wifey, she'll have bruises to show people....

although she does get her own back :lol:

I'm sure she does!! lol

That sounds like a good combo, I shall have to try it out.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!