• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Preparing for the big one...

Hey everyone,

This summer I am testing in the presence of the Grandmaster of Kuk Sool Won. It's my first test on my way to black belt.

Can any of you experienced people give me any training tips or any useful advice?

TIA :karate:

Kyo Sa Nim in KSW

Certified Personal Trainer

Health and Business Consultant

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

try and do everything as best as you can (i.e forms)....you will make mistakes and he should or will understand that so dont get upset over mistakes. also hydrate fully the night before, and eat meals full of carbs and other sources of energy it does help. as final words of advice....if you fail dont quit, just get back up and test when you are ready.

martial arts may be made fun of by people who dont understand them---teach these people the true beauty and power of our arts and they will learn, understand, and remember for forever.

---being a teacher is not just an honor its an experience that benifits not only the student but the instructor.

Keep practicing hard, and don't do anything out of character. Let the GM see who you really are. Work hard, and try as hard as you can.

The best advise is .... good luck!

Keep practicing! Also, if you feel you will be nervous then breathing exercises could help you, as could meditating. Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of water too.

Good luck! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Aefibird, definately keep practicing, and if your school teaches forms of meditation, utilize them to calm yourself should you become nervous as the test comes nearer. And do yourself a favor, don't eat a ginormous meal right before the test, otherwise you'll feel sluggish and won't think as fast. Hope that helps.

Cho Dan Hapkidoist and trickster.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

The big test is tomorrow night!!! :o

I've had some sleepless nights and alternate between confident and nervous. :idea:

I just really want it to be over,LOL

Please wish me good luck! :D

Kyo Sa Nim in KSW

Good luck!! I'm sure you will be fine. If your instructor thinks you are ready then you are. Have confidence in yourself and your abilities. :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the test and seminar are done and over!

I did very well!

I was scored and critiqued by a black belt,and had more good than bad comments.

I am glad it's over!

Now I have a year to learn a ton of stuff before the next test!

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes!

:karate:

Kyo Sa Nim in KSW