• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yang K. Moon and Jae hwa Kwon

I am looking for information on Master Yang K Moon and his association with Grand Master jae-hwa Kwon. I am told that Kwon was Moon's TKD Master and in the 1960s Moon was part of a competition team that toured Europe. I've gotten a little info from the Kwon website, but not much.

Does anybody have creditable information on Yang Moon's training and advancement in tae kwon Do, especially in association with Jae-hwa Kwon?

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 7 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Before he retired and moved back to South Korea in the mid-90s, he taught me in New Orleans. He had a school there from the 70s through his retirement. We frequently visited Master Soo Kim Pyung in Houston, and he had a picture of him and Master Kwon Jae-Hwa hanging in his dojang, which still exists in Metairie, LA.

The picture of Master Moon and Master Kwon became the basis for the logo of Master Kwon’s International TaeKwonDo center.

Welcome to KF, Jerrykern; glad that you're here!!

Master Soo Kim Pyung still has a dojang in Houston, TX with his son, Sean; a very nice looking dojang with quite a lot of students. Did you ever train with him and/or his son??

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 years later...

I stumbled on this searching for information on Master Moon. I trained with him for some years starting in 1980ish. I’ve connected with the guys that run his academy in Metairie, LA. Actually two different sets of people have run the academy.

The current group I believe is Master Tanh Le (spelling?)and they are solid fighters with a few students having competed in MMA circles (something I’ve been involved in for a long time).

Also, would love information about Master Moon currently and his two sons who I also trained with, Simon and Peter.

On a related note, my wife pulled out some old photo albums tonight and my Belt Promotion Certificates were in one of them. All signed by Master Moon of course.

That was the real deal training back then and not many people are blessed to have trained with a legend of the art like him. 🙏🏽🤙🏽👊🏽

Welcome RobBraniff! Glad you could discover our community through this thread.