• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

registereing name of school, and tax info..

Hey guys..

I'm goign to be registereing the name of the school I am gling to be teaching through the NC chamber or Commerce.

I also know I'll have to get a tax id for selling, gi's sparring gear etc.

Are there any other things I should be aware of, as far as insurance, other tax forms and general info as far as the business aspects are concerned

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi and congratulations! I recently opened in a similar situation and this is what I needed:

Business license/DBA ("doing busines as"-apply at County Building)

Tax ID #'s(can apply online through your State site)

Insurance (bought mine online from FL Dean-very reasonable)

The State sends you a quarterly tax packet that you must send in by the deadline-even if you do not have any tax to pay.

Good luck on you venture!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

thank you ninja nurse.

I'm actually going to the regiser of deeds in my hometown to give them the name, and found the steps needed to register the tax id.

also, i was told by a small business consultant, that here in NC, I have to sign a bond with the nc attorney general office. this isbecause I am providing a servixce,, and its basically saying that I will do what i say i will. nothing major.

should be up and runing in acouple of weeks. I know someone who is going to let me run an ad on their race car (local) for 150.00 for the month, as well as an ad in the paper, pass out flyers to schools and gyms, and then keep my fingers crossed.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

You can try the ad on the race car, but I can't say it's going to be the best $150 you'll spend. Unless your name is very prominent, people won't likely see it - nor will they remember it when they get home.

I would recommend an ad in the local paper, and subseqeunt small ads for the following weeks. Not everyone will see it the first time, and even if they do, they might not act until the next time they see your name.

Flyer to schools and gyms are a good idea, providing they allow you to advertise in their locations.

Do you have any community events where you can perform a demo? These usually go over very well. Also make sure you get business cards printed ASAP and hand them out everywhere you go.

Summer months are tough times to bring in new students, be prepared to work harder to generate numbers.

Matt White

thanks matt.

yeah the race car thing is out.

My dad owns a screneprinting business, and he said for that 150..we can doa bunch of free tees and my nephew can pass them out at his middle school.

cards are on the way.

I'm also saving to run that ad in the local paper as well.

I'll look into demos as well. thanks for your feedback.

My dad owns a screneprinting business, and he said for that 150..we can doa bunch of free tees and my nephew can pass them out at his middle school.

That is a GREAT idea! Work up a deal with your dad for a better price, and have him print his name on the sleeve of the shirt. Nothing like a little co-op advertising.

Since you have a great resource for shirts, I would consider offering a free t-shirt with sign-up (at least for the summer.) This is a great way to get your name out in your market.

Matt

I'm wanting to give shirts away to the parents and kids.

i can get 75 made for a decent price.

i'm pretty excited.

i'm looking to hols my 1st class june 20th!

will keep you posted